Neck pain can negatively impact your quality of life. Fortunately, chiropractic care can help you find relief.
What causes neck pain in Atlanta, GA?
Neck pain can occur for a variety of reasons. Some patients experience chronic neck pain while other patients experience neck pain only occasionally. Some of the most common causes of neck pain in Atlanta include:
- Whiplash. Whiplash is a condition that often occurs when the head is jerked forward or backward. When this happens, the muscles and ligaments in the neck can develop small tears that cause neck pain, headaches and other types of discomfort.
- Sports injuries. Sports injuries can cause strain in the muscles of the neck.
- Text neck. Text neck is a condition that occurs when a patient spends a lot of time bending forward to look at mobile devices. Text neck can affect the posture and formation of the spine, leading to chronic pain.
- Poor ergonomics. Chairs and mattresses that lack ergonomic design can cause the people who use them to experience pain in the neck, spine and other parts of the body.
What can a chiropractor do to relieve neck pain for patients in Atlanta?
Chiropractors use a variety of techniques to relieve patient neck pain. At Senft Chiropractic of Atlanta, we use the following techniques to help our patients:
- Spinal Adjustment. Spinal adjustment is a technique wherein the chiropractor makes adjustments to the spine to realign the vertebrae. Spinal adjustment can help reduce inflammation and muscle tension, reduce pressure on the muscles, ligaments and spinal cord and improve communication between the brain and the rest of the body. This technique helps the body heal while also relieving patient pain.
- Electrical Muscle Stimulation. Muscle contraction using electric pulses to improve strength.
- Trigger Point Therapy. Alleviate pain through isolated pressure and release.
- Lifestyle Advice. Many people cause or exacerbate their neck pain through their habits and behaviors. We offer lifestyle advice that can help patients heal or prevent neck pain.
What are the benefits of chiropractic care for neck pain?
There are many benefits of chiropractic care for neck pain.
- Chiropractic care is all natural. Chiropractors never prescribe addictive pain medications or recommend invasive procedures.
- Chiropractic care is preventative. Chiropractors help patients avoid future neck pain by recommending lifestyle changes and postural changes that can relieve the pressure on the muscles and ligaments of the neck.
- Chiropractic care complements other therapies. Many patients work with a chiropractor and with a medical doctor to reduce neck pain.
Where can you go for all natural chiropractic treatment for neck pain in Atlanta?
If you have neck pain in Atlanta GA, contact us at Senft Chiropractic of Atlanta. We use all natural treatments to help our patients get the care they need. Call us today at (404) 633-6787.